Tuesday, August 01, 2006

wandering @wonderla


the water rides in wonderla
Originally uploaded by simply mals.
30 July 2006
i had a chance to visit this place "wonderla" at bangalore, india. a 2-hour ride away from St. John's woods (where im staying); and considered as one of the famous parks in bangalore.
it was around 11AM when reached the place. it was a typical sunday for everyone, and very much like the philippines, its a family day.
to my surprise, i had never seen such a queue of elderly women, children, parents, couples, teens going crazy to enter the park. i held my breath because im really not that accustomed to large groups of people sharing that familiar scent of fried onions. I think i may have to check myself din baka nahawa na ko.
anyways, off we went, took our tickets, grabbed a bin to place our things the started our journey around the place for 2 hours (thats the free time for the group before gathering again for a round of group rides).
the scorchingly screaming sun took the energy out of me. i never had the chance to enjoy my day because my migraine had been seeping in. the day was stressful for me. i spent the day watching the whole team enjoy themselves. hayy naku.
luckily, i tried the "anchor's away" look-a-like as a starter ride... but as soon as the wheels of the machine took us to flight, voila! my headache was throbbing so hard i vomitted right after the ride. it looks that i'd proven once again that rides like these aren't good for me...
(** sad part is... i know someone wont be at all too happy to know that i cant join him on similar rides :( sowee...)
---now, for the fun part.... hahaha and kinda ewwww for some... ---
the team asked us to join the group for a swim, which we didnt reject. we obliged. hayyy
we went to the "waves", very similar to that "wave pool" at fontana. we were there for around an hour or so. its quite fun. and i had the strangest feeling that most of the people there were staring at us because we were wearing shorts and sleeveless tops while they were sporting jeans + tee, or saree (a dress for women), or jogging pants + tee... yeah.. in short, they were ogling us.
the day went well after that, we had dinner in a fancy resto very similar to the restos at greenbelt 3.
we went home so tired that my two friends closed shut their own rooms the moment we reached home. hahahaa
as for me, i stayed longer at the sofa bed. i spent another 4 hours talking to my baby over ym - but this is another story i guess. :)

No comments: